This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the UX team at Harrods to help understand and champion the needs of the user and be the voice of our user to the wider business, whilst ensuring we are constantly improving our site. You will do this by combining insights, research and best practice guidelines to design delightful, accessible experiences.
About the Role
The UX/UI designer will be reporting into the UX Lead, and working closely with teams from across the business to understand their needs and ensure we balance these with the needs of our users. It is a varied role working on multiple projects whilst always focusing on delivering pixel-perfect designs with detailed guidance for development teams.
You’ll work closely with a wide range of colleagues including Designers, Developers, Product Owners, Insight Analysts, as well as teams from Content and Customer Operations, external agencies and contractors. You will work across Harrods many digital platforms, primarily harrods.com and the new Harrods Design System as well as external Harrods websites and supporting our app UX designer for Harrods mobile app.
You will also be:
- Developing user-friendly, on brand designs based on user research and feedback.
- Creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Thinking through journeys, feature variances, interactions and behaviours and ensuring detailed UX requirements are documented for handover to development teams.
- Creating new icons and motions, animation and transitions with supporting guidelines to elevate digital experiences.
- Supporting in maintaining an up-to-date and accurate style guide for use by wider design teams.
- Contributing to the existing design system, including documenting clear guidance for other design teams to follow.
- Reviewing released designs and identify future improvements.
- Collaborating with product owners, developers, content and other designers to define user interface requirements.
- Staying up to date with the latest UI design trends and technologies to provide creative and innovative solutions and to share this knowledge with the wider UX team.
You will have a passion for user-centred design and accessibility, with an understanding of the value of building accessible products, delivering this through the designs you create. You will seek out the tiny details in order to elevate our digital experience to delight our users. You understand the value of collaboration, and are an effective communicator who can simplify the complex and concisely explain rationale and design decisions. You are a problem solver, and are able to tackle complex requirements.
You will also have:
- Proven experience as a UI/Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating your process and outcomes.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in graphic design, Human-Computer interaction, or related field.
- Previously worked with stakeholders/Product Owners/Developers.
- Experience working in luxury retail/e-commerce is an advantage.
- Advanced experience using Figma to create smart variants and advanced prototypes (as well as experience with AfterEffects, Zeplin, Ideally).
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
eCommerce, Digital and Insights
We are looking for a Online Assistant Trade Manager to join out lovely team here at Harrods. The key responsibility of this role is to meet and maximise divisional sales and operations under the guida
eCommerce, Digital and Insights
We are looking for a Creative Lead to join our Creative Content team here at Harrods. Focusing on our Food and Restaurants content as part of the wider lifestyle output, you will be delivering outstan
Read our insights
Hi there! This is Katie, Talent Development Advisor at Harrods. As part of National Apprenticeship Week, we wanted to highlight our current apprentices and encourage all colleagues to learn m
Three stages. Three guest speakers. Three days of learning wrapped. We just hosted our first-ever Learn & Connect Fest for all our colleagues. Dr Hazel Harrison shared insights on The Scien
Content TypeCareer Stories
Over the last year, Your Career has supported colleagues to understand their true potential within Harrods. Through our Career Clinics, we have provided face-to-face advice directly from
"This October, our Racial, Equality and Diversity Network (R.E.A.D) came together with colleagues to celebrate #BlackHistoryMonth. We 'saluted our sisters' with authentic stories, hosted t
"Hello, My name is Margaret Amoah. I work in the Food Halls on the tills. I've worked for Harrods for 35 years. And if there's one way to describe Harrods, it's the uniqueness of Harrods t
Harrods is a very special place to work, and with the help of a fantastic team, we recently held our Long Service Evening. Our mission was to celebrate major milestones, recognise remarkab
“This September we celebrated National Inclusion Week. As part of this, I had the chance to visit some of our locations and host virtual sessions to discuss our Belonging Networks and how
Recently viewed jobs