Senior Technical Manager
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for a Senior Technical Manager to lead our Harrods Own Label Strategy through the Quality Assurance team.
About the Role
As the Senior Technical Manager you will be responsible for the leadership and implementation of the Harrods Corporate Social Responsibility principles, alongside legal and technical compliance across all categories: these include Apparel, Accessories, Homeware and Christmas. You will be accountable for the integrity of the Harrods Brand through effective product and supplier approval and management.
You will lead the Harrods Own Label Quality Assurance team day to day, including all people management activities, training, coaching and development of their knowledge and skills. You will ensure the Technical Team deliver in line with key dates and take ownership of tasks in line with these critical timelines. You will also create and implement the Technical Strategy for each category in line with overarching business objectives.
Your duties will also include:
- Sourcing and onboarding Suppliers, responding to short- and long-term product strategies.
- Building and fostering excellent supplier relationships.
- Monitoring supplier performance seasonally, lead technical reviews, Vendor Score Card process and contribution to Supplier Appraisals
- Researching into, and lead, memberships to industry bodies, networks, working groups, be able to call on network for support, advice and sharing of innovation.
- Creating and regularly reviewing Harrods Supplier Manual, T&Cs and the Brand Standards ensuring these are adhered to across the supply base and protect Harrods commercial compliance and interests.
- Taking ownership of technically related documents required by suppliers to include auditing documents, technical spec sheets etc. To monitor and update regularly, actively revisiting with suppliers.
- Continuous monitoring of product quality through competitor benchmarking; with the aim to deliver best in class, reviewing seasonally, delivering results to the wider team and ensuring implementation.
- Leading enquiries together with Legal and CSR into emerging or new product laws.
You will have a wealth of experience in a similar role, be passionate about product, with an eye for technical detail and excellence. You will hold a technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is desirable. Hailing from multi-product business, you will have the expert knowledge and ability to move between product areas with assurance across hardlines, homeware, stationery, bags and accessories, apparel. You will be confident to positively challenge technical processes with experience in delivering improved changes.
Our Senior Technical Manager will have in depth knowledge of compliance laws and certifications, with a proven track record of developing site standards with experience in third party certification as well as working with small artisan suppliers.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in supplier auditing.
- Knowledge of of sustainability, CSR processes and ethical management Excellent team management capabilities, at Manager or Head Of level.
- A strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- A collaborative leadership style, and able to join the dots across the business.
- Commercial acumen and able to understand key areas for opportunity.
- A flexible approach – able to adapt between strategic big picture thinking and a detail orientated analytical approach.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, eligibility for a competitive bonus flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs